Wednesday 14 December 2016

Day 14 - Christmas Reindeer - The Knife


This odd ditty, giving the perspective of the season from Santa's Reindeer, comes from Swedish siblings Karin Dreijer Andersson and Olof Dreijer and it has hung around the fringes of the calendar for several years.

On the face of it, a Calendar shoo-in, The Knife are an electronic duo who only appear in public wearing disguises, venetian masks etc. (see below) thumbing a nose at the music press in general and failing to show up for several award celebrations where they have been nominated. It sounds like a recipe for success and there will be those who find the 'Christmas Reindeer's' quirky, electro beat a curious antidote to the usual banalities of the season.




The truth is though I struggle with it. The 'Reindeer, Reindeer, Reindeer'  sequence of the song gets into my head and rattles round in there for days (There's little else to stop it) until I want to scream or play Mariah Carey or something.

So why am I foisting the whole thing on you? Well, as Bob Dylan never once said "I have to suffer for my Art, now it's your turn"



No comments:

Post a Comment